Over the years, we’ve made more batches of pancakes than we can remember. From pumpkin to blueberry to apple, fluffy pancakes are always greeted with a smile in our households. Now, thanks to these moist and mouthwatering Barely Banana Protein Pancakes (with 4 Little Ingredients), we have a new recipe to add to the mix.
On this week’s Cooking with the Moms podcast, we welcome Katie Sullivan Morford to the show to dish about this recipe and her new cookbook, Rise & Shine: Better Breakfasts for Busy Mornings (Roost Books, 2016) and to talk about easy ways to boost the flavor, variety, and nutrition of your family’s morning meal.
The last thing any of us needs is a breakfast recipe that’s fussy. But after a good night’s sleep, the first thing we all need is nourishment, especially protein. Eating breakfast is good for your body weight, your grades (if you’re in school!), and certainly your mood. To the rescue is Katie’s new book, filled with 75 easy and interesting recipes. We have one copy of Rise & Shine between us, and right now we’re fighting for custody of the book 🙂
We love the idea of adding veggies to breakfast and turning quesadillas into something kids would want to devour in the morning.
And speaking of green, Katie’s green smoothie gets its sweetness naturally from pineapple, banana, and an orange, and we agree that even our kids would love it too.
When we tried Katie’s banana pancakes, we topped them with maple syrup, but you can certainly use homemade jam instead.
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1⅓ cups cottage cheese
- 1 small ripe banana
- Oil or butter for greasing the skillet
- Favorite jam for serving
- Put the eggs, oats, cottage cheese, and banana into a blender. Blend until the oats are pulverized, the cottage cheese is blended, and the batter is smooth.
- Set a skillet over medium heat. Add about a teaspoon of oil and swirl the pan to coat the bottom. Pour about 1 tablespoon of batter into the pan for each pancake, making as many as will fit without crowding. Cook until bubbles appear across the surface and the bottom is deeply brown.
- Use a spatula to flip the pancake and cook until firm to the touch, another 1 to 2 minutes. Serve hot out of the pan with a thin layer of jam.
It’s Giveaway time – GIVEAWAY CLOSED
Win a free copy of Rise & Shine by Katie Sullivan Morford and a Ninja® Blender System with Auto-iQ™ Technology
What you’ll win:
TO ENTER post a comment here and tell us why you’d like to win the book and blender and/or your favorite family breakfast recipe. We will pick one winner at random on December 28, 2016. (U.S. only please)
We will enter you into the giveaway additional times if you …
> Tweet about the giveaway with a link back to this post.
> Share the giveaway news with your Facebook fans and friends with a link back to the post.
> Follow us on Pinterest.
Please post an additional comment every time you do something extra.