Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Pancakes
Makes 4 to 5 Servings (about 14 pancakes)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed or wheat germ
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 1/3 cups 1% lowfat milk
- 1/2 cup canned 100% pure pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whisk together the all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, flaxseed, sugar, chocolate chips, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, pumpkin, and vanilla until well blended. Pour the liquid ingredients over the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Lightly oil or coat a large nonstick skillet or griddle with nonstick cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Pour the batter onto the hot skillet using a 1/4-cup measuring cup, forming 4-inch pancakes.
- Cook until bubbles begin to appear on the surface of the pancakes and the bottoms turn golden, about 3 minutes. Flip and cook until the other sides are golden, an additional 2 to 3 minutes. Repeat with the remaining cooking spray and batter.
Nutrition Information per Serving (3 pancakes): 280 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated, 0.7g omega-3), 330mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate, 4g fiber, 11g protein, 80% vitamin A, 25% calcium, 15% iron
This is a No Whine with Dinner recipe!