Corny Salmon Cakes
- Two 5-ounce cans boneless, skinless pink salmon, drained and finely flaked
- 1/3 cup plus 3 tablespoons dried bread crumbs, divided
- 2/3 cup shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon reduced-sodium Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Place the salmon, 1/3 cup of the bread crumbs, cheese, corn, mayonnaise, egg, mustard, and Old Bay Seasoning in a bowl and mix until well combined.
- Shape the mixture into 8 patties (a generous 1/4 cup each) and coat with the remaining 3 tablespoons bread crumbs.
- Heat half the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the patties until the bottoms are golden brown, 5 minutes. Flip the patties, add the remaining oil, and cook until golden brown, an additional 4 to 5 minutes.
Nutrition Information per Serving (2 cakes): 270 calories, 15g fat (4g saturated, 1g omega-3), 610mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, 21g protein, 15% calcium
This is version of a No Whine with Dinner Recipe!